So far in the house we have completed the following repairs:
- Torn out all of the carpet, carpet liner, tack strips, and staples.
- Peeled out all of linoleum and ripped out the particle board underneath.
- Pulled off the counters and leveled them to get ready for the granite.
- Dismantled the island and the kitchen desk.
- Moved all the appliances into the garage-we hope to sell them.
- Taken out the wood stove and the propane and patched the wall where the chimney went outside.
- Installed a wood stove in the garage/shop.
- Chipped out the floor and shower tile.
- Put in pigtails for all the lights.
- Had the walls textured and painted.
- Repaired the wood storage area under the stairs.
- Fixed the drywall in the pantry.
- Repaired the chimney and re-framed it to code.
- Dismantled two bathrooms
- Taken apart all of the closets.
- Had the granite delivered and installed in the kitchen counters and window seats.
|There used to be tile and a wood stove there!|
|One view of our new granite counter tops and the patch where a chimney used to be. It's kind of crazy but they cut through a stud when they put in that chimney.|
|Another view of our new granite counter tops and granite window sill and our under mounted sink|
|Close up of the sink|
|Jason with our new HUGE laundry sink-it's 36" wide and 24" deep|
|We've had mice getting into the house from behind the sink, so Jason put in new plywood bottom and is going to patch the pipes to keep out the little mice. We've gotten 5 in the traps. :(|
|Can you believe this is the master shower? They only had drywall behind the tile.|
|It's kind of dark, but the window seats are the granite from the counter tops.|
|We re-framed the chimney on the second floor so that it fits to code. |
|The old wood stove from the house is now in the garage/shop.|