Friday, December 7, 2012

Getting the Help that I Need

No, it's not THAT kind of help.

After the frustrations vented in the last post, I decided to get some help with my sewing and enrolled in a class at PatternReview.Com on fitting bodices.  This class is online and has video, chats, and a message board.  I have learned a lot so far in this class and by the end I will (hopefully) have a bodice pattern that fits my body perfectly that I can then adapt to make different shirts, tunics, and dresses.  There have been a few frustrations...in our temporary apartment the only mirror that we have is the bathroom medicine cabinet mirror so I can't see my full body for fitting.  After three days I figured out to stand on a milk crate so that I can see most of my bodice.  I also use the timer on my camera to take photos of myself to see the changes that need to be made.  I am not very good at visual/spatial tasks and I think that working my brain in this crazy way is hard, but helpful.  As soon as I have my bodice done, I will post some pictures.

In the meantime I continue to sew pajama pants for X-mas gifts.  Next week I will be starting  a new dress for Leora.  I keep experimenting with new healthy recipes for dinner and we keep hoping to get news on the house. 

Here's to patience and learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment