Saturday, February 5, 2011

Been busy, but not blogging

Ever since I started my new job (not so new now, I've been there 7 months), I have been using my free time for relaxing and crafting, but I always forget to take pictures, so I haven't put anything on the blog. Since I last posted I have made Jason another pair of pajama pants, I have sewn a bunch of Christmas ornaments and bags for gifts, I have made oodles of orange marmalade, and started a new garden.

One of the many Christmas tree ornaments I made from the tutorial here

Fun peeling apples for freezing and dehydrating while we were in Washington. We got a peeler for Christmas.

My new job kind of sucks the life out of me and I need a healthy release. Sometimes I am good at working out, going on hikes in pretty places, gardening, sewing, and canning-and then I can feel good about that part of my life. But sometimes the doldrums suck me in and all that I can manage in a weekend is maybe doing laundry and watching Netflix instant. It's a little late for New Year's resolutions, but I am going to make one anyways. I will do at least one sewing project a month in 2011. I got a bunch of sewing books and fabric for Christmas, maybe I will try to go through a book, doing each project, or maybe I will jump around and do lots of different projects. We'll see. I am also going to try to do healthy things that will make me feel better about myself every week. I don't know why it's so hard to do the things that I know will make me feel better. Does anyone else ever have this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment